RESURS-DK1 Spacecraft (In Operation). / November 18, 2008 /
Multi-spectral remote sensing of the Earth’s surface aimed at acquiring high-quality visible images in near real-time as well as on-line data delivery via radio link and providing a wide range of consumers with value-added processed data.
Tasks to be Fulfiled
- Data supply for resource management and economical activity (inventory of natural resources, topographic and thematic mapping);
- Monitoring of pollution sources of the atmosphere, water and soil with the view of providing Federal and regional environmental authorities with the relevant information to make management decisions;
- On-line monitoring of man-caused and natural emergencies for the purpose of effective planning and timely performing of measures to eliminate damages;
- Supplying home and foreign consumers on a commercial basis;
- Research activities.
The RESURS-DK1 provides the earth’s surface images in panchromatic range with resolution no worse than 1 meter and in three narrow spectral ranges with a 2-3m resolution in near real-time.
The spacecraft’s special feature is the improved operational and accuracy characteristics of images acquired. Due to design technologies, the RESURS-DK has considerable reserves in mass, capacity, and power supply that enable other target-oriented instruments to be installed as well as accompanying scientific and application experiments to be carried out. Thus, the RESURS-DK1 will be equipped with the Italian PAMELA science instrument designed for studying antimatters: antiprotons, positrons, nuclear and electronic components in primary cosmic radiation, and with the Russian ARINA science instrument designed for recording high-energy electrons and protons, their identification, discrimination of high-energy particle bursts-earthquake forerunners.
Main CharacteristicsLaunch date: 15 June 2006
Spacecraft mass: 6570 kg
Payload mass: 1200 kg
- H=360-604 km
- i= 70.4°
- Swath width (at nadir): with H=350km – up to28.3km
- FOR (Field of Regard): with H=350km – 448km;
Resolution on ground:
Active life: 3 years
- No worse than 1m (panchromatic band),
- 2.0-3.0m (in narrow spectral bands);
Developer GNP RKTs TsSKB-Progress